Friday 25 January 2013

Rag Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

(Limp Bizkit fans will see what I did with the title of this blog post!)

Last week I had a sudden memory of 'ragging' my sisters hair when we were both younger - basically you twist damp hair, wrap a rag (piece of cloth, not an actual rag) around it then twirl it up on itself, tie the two ends of the rag together, sleep on it and VOILA, in the morning you have curls!  Because Lauriel and I both want curly hair for our wedding, I decided to start experimenting - figuring that if I can become good enough at it (and give Lauriel some practice) that it will be something we can do ourselves for the wedding.

I have experimented on Gaby, Eloise & Lauriel's hair - learning various things along the way (such as the smaller the section of hair used, the bigger the frizz potential) (think Monica in the Bahamas...), the bigger the section, the looser & less frizzy the curl. 

Of course now I have to share photos with you all - of the various stages of ragging...











No comments:

Post a Comment