Saturday 12 January 2013

Living in Sin!!! FINALLY!!!!

We are FINALLY officially living in sin (okay, going by various religions & moral compasses, we will always be living in sin due to the lack of penis in our relationship)!   I have to say, it's a hell of a lot of fun as well... even the 'grown up', 'responsible' stuff we've been doing this week (mostly regarding government departments). 

Driving onto the ferry
Our trip up from Christchurch was very much smooth sailing (quite literally for the three hours we were on the ferry!) - the children were amazingly well behaved, I don't think there were any major meltdowns by either of them, and the one time Emmy did get close to tantrum territory was when we were stuck in the car waiting to go onto the ferry... and after putting Peppa Pig on the laptop for her, all tears disappeared and were replaced by laughter and the general happiness that comes with watching Peppa Pig.  It was lovely being able to see parts of the country that I had never seen before - Lauriel and I lost our 'top of the South Island virginity' at the same time, which was very fitting.  In total we were travelling for 13 hours - around 10 of those hours spent in the car... there were about 10 minutes in total when we weren't driving (getting petrol, going through the Wendys drivethru).  I drove the entire way, which was mostly to keep my passenger anxiety at bay (I make an awful passenger)... but it was also a really cool road to drive!  It was extremely hot in Picton, and admittedly quite the bore... but the rest of the trip was pretty cool!

Emmy as SpiderMan
On Tuesday Emersyn started at her new preschool (Little Kiwis Learning Centre, which Aidan also attended), and so far she seems to love it.  There were a few tears when we left on Tuesday (her, not me!), but Wednesday and Friday she seemed to be fine - and on none of those days did the teachers contact me to pick her up because she was inconsolable... quite the success I think, especially considering she had started throwing tantrums whenever I left her at preschool in Christchurch!  Gaby is rather jealous of Emersyn who has started school already - every morning (without fail, trust me) she exclaims how excited she is to be starting school soon.  The next just-under-a-month better go quickly.

Look!  Its Princess Gaby
Between arriving here and now, we have purchased a set of bunks for... well, two of the children to sleep in and a set of drawers, which from the start have been our 'must buy ASAP' items.  Obviously living in a 2 bedroom house with 4 children isn't optimum (or even close to it), so right now we are on the lookout for a bigger house, and it seems we have found one - and it just so happens to belong to one of Lauriel's friend, and could very much be a win-win situation for all involved, due to her friends tenants f*cking her around.  There is a HUGE yard, which we decided is more important than big bedrooms (we looked at a 4br house which had HUGE rooms but a tiny yard) with four very active children who love being outdoors.  Plus that leaves us the opportunity to get them a trampoline for Christmas...

We have also started planning our wedding more seriously - to the extent we have a book especially for wedding related stuff!  Our venue is sorted, date and time are sorted - so yesterday we ordered our wedding invitations... it seemed like the logical step.  Tomorrow is three months until the wedding, so really it is time to get things organised!!!  It's exciting doing so, and makes me feel like I'm actually an adult, which is something I've never really felt like before - for the past 6 years all I have acknowledged myself being is a Mum, which of course is amazing and wonderful, but I never really felt like there was another side to me.  But now I know there is!











No comments:

Post a Comment